Introducing my new tumblr theme:
Designed for the discerning blogger, Ministry of Me has advanced features that make it ideal for content creators. 40+ customization options make this my most flexible theme yet. Click here to install.
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and tumblr integration for easy social sharing
- Facebook comments
- Tumblr or Google powered search
- Inline likes and reblogs
- Scrolling forever
- Featured first post
- Popular Posts widget automatically shows your best content
- Promo Pod for persistent content across your blog (I use mine to promote the calendar, but it could easily be used for ads or mailing list links)
- Author bio under posts
- "Disclaimer Page" that lets you show a one-time message to new readers of your blog
- Heavy SEO Optimization
- Fully localized
- Supports native tumblr tag, day, and search pages
- One, two, and three column layouts
Phew! So many features. Some are a bit complicated to setup, so I’ll explain the difficult ones here:
- Use Dark Layout
This toggles the colour scheme for social buttons. If you customize your theme to be light, you might want to turn this off.
- Show Popular Posts
This shows the “Popular Posts” widget. If you haven’t configured it, you’ll need to run it once. Just click the button inside the widget to connect it to your blog.
- Promo Pod Header
This is the headline for your promo pod.
- Promo Pod HTML
This is the body of your promo pod.
- Short Bio
This is the author bio that shows up under your posts. Good place to put copyright info. If blank, it’ll show your full blog description…unless you toggle it off using “Show Bio Under Posts.”
- Twitter Username
Your twitter username, without an @ symbol
- Facebook Username
Optional. You only need this if you’re using Facebook comments and want to moderate them. Use this tool to lookup your Facebook Username.
- Facebook Page URL
If you want people to like your blog, put the URL here.
- Facebook App ID
Optional. Use the Facebook comments moderation tool and select one of your apps. This is for advanced users.
- Google Analytics Web Property ID
This is the tracker ID for your GA installation. Go to Google Analytics and look for the ID next to your profile. It starts with “UA-“
- Disclaimer Header / HTML / Button
This will be the headline, body text, and button text for your disclaimer page. When you click the button, the blog sets a cookie to hide it for one year. You will need to clear your cookies if you want to preview your disclaimer. (Or use an incognito window).
Alright. I think thats it. Enjoy!
You wrecked me and